Why country combos are key!
There are many advantages to combining multiple Southern African countries on your trip. The key is to personalise your trip with combinations that to meet all of your interests for the best experience. We have vast amounts of experience in how to combine areas- from making the journey an integral part of your holiday with experiences such as rail travel to how charter planes inter-country.
COMBINE COUNTRIES TO MAXIMISE YOUR BUDGET
South Africa offers some easily accessible and therefore cheaper safari options such as Kruger National Park allowing you to maximise your budget while still seeing highlights such as Victoria Falls in Zimbabwe where a range of options to suit all budgets are also available.
COMBINE COUNTRIES TO HAVE MULTIPLE EXPERIENCES
The obvious reason is to combine multiple experiences such as game viewing in the Okavango Delta with wine tasting in South Africa’s cape or hot air ballooning over vast plains in Zambia’s South Luangwa with a beach break in Mozambique. we can personalise your itinerary to suit your interests such as visiting championship golf courses.
COMBINE COUNTRIES TO SEE A GREATER VARIETY OF BIRDS AND ANIMALS
By visiting varied geographical areas you combine habitats which effectively means you can view a wider range of species than would otherwise be possible from desert-adapted animals such as Oryx to sea life, or rare birds such as the shoebill. Imagine seeing a zebra migration before swimming with dolphins!
Here’s an overview of the highlights of the main destinations in Southern Africa.
– Best for: active safaris (walking, canoeing, and boating), great guides, high adventure, ancient stone ruins, good value and the best views of Victoria Falls.
– Best for low tourist numbers, boat/mokoro/canoe activities, upscale luxury.
– Best for variety with beaches, mountains, culture and cities, wine areas, and safari areas, budget options available.
– Best for intimate safari camps with rustic charm, good guiding, low tourist numbers so an exclusive experience, Victoria Falls.
– Best for dramatic scenery, spectacular sand dunes, remote wilderness and desert-adapted animals.
– Best for beaches, delicious food and scuba diving.
– Best for great wildlife viewing in iconic destinations such as Serengeti and the Ngorongoro Crater, Mount Kilimanjaro, great beaches and culture in Zanzibar.
– Best for the Masai Mara for big cat viewing the great migration.
– Best for gorilla trekking, chimpanzee treks and diverse scenery.
– Best for wonderful gorilla trekking, tragic but necessary look at history at the genocide museum.