Honeymooning in Zimbabwe
Your honeymoon should be the trip of a lifetime. It’s a romantic holiday that you will talk about for the rest of your life together and choosing Zimbabwe will provide you with plenty to discuss.
It offers a huge range of experiences from the majesty of Victoria Falls to the drama of Hwange’s huge elephant herds, or the peace and tranquillity of the wildlife-rich Zambezi Valley…
From candle-lit dinners, romantic baths overlooking the Zambezi River to sleeping under the African sky Zimbabwe offers a wild and intimate honeymoon where you are juxtaposed against a classic safari experience. For the adventurous or active Zimbabwe is known for its walking safaris and some camps offer horse riding activities too. Boating is common along the major waterways and offers the chance to see the landscape and animals from another perspective.
True luxury can also be found with lodges like Matetsi Victoria Falls, Mpala Jena, Singita Pamushana, Linkwasha Camp and Chikwenya highlighting luxurious safari chic like nowhere else. Free-standing tubs, outdoor showers, private decks and plunge pools from which to enjoy the wildlife are just some of the common amenities on offer.
Zimbabwe is the perfect escape from the crowds of other safari areas and the privacy and exclusivity it offers are just the ticket for a romantic escape. It also offers luxury for the best value as compared to its neighbours, spend a little more here and you will be amply rewarded! In terms of luxury as the camps are right up there with the best of Botswana.
You will be stunned by the abundance of wildlife, captivated by the aesthetics of the landscapes and entertained by the variety of experiences on offer. Prepare to be wowed by the country’s raw, wild beauty, dramatic landscapes and diverse wildlife.
OUR TOP TIPS FOR HONEYMOONING IN ZIMBABWE
• Make sure to let us know that you are going on safari to celebrate a special occasion. We will let lodges know and can usually arrange some special extra treats such as sparkling wine, private dinners or romantic turn downs with the tub run and candles lit.
• Don’t head off on safari straight after your wedding, as you will likely be very tired. Starting by exploring Victoria Falls is a wonderful way to start your honeymoon with a wide range of activities and opportunities to relax available.
• Zimbabwe offers luxury for the best value as compared to its neighbours, spend a little more here and you will be amply rewarded!
• Don’t try and do too much! We suggest more than 2 nights in each location rather than rushing around, in general, and especially at a time like this where you want to soak in each other and each area in a relaxed way.
• Ask us which lodges we recommend for romance- we know who can offer sleep outs on private raised decks in the wilderness, outdoor tubs with a view and more!