7 Day Exclusive Icons of Zimbabwe
Malilangwe Wildlife Reserve – Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe
7 Days / 6 Nights
Day 1-4: Singita Pamushana Lodge, Malilangwe Wildlife Reserve
Malilangwe Wildlife Reserve
The Malilangwe Wildlife Reserve comprises 130,000 acres of extraordinary wilderness area next to the Gonarezhou National Park.
Overnight: Singita Pamushana Lodge
One of Africa’s best-kept secrets, Singita Pamushana Lodge is found within the Malilangwe Wildlife Reserve in south-eastern Zimbabwe. Nestling beneath the trees, the lodge incorporates the natural environment and the forest-like architecture enhances views of the pool, the lush gardens and the lake below. Pamushana Lodge comprises six luxury suites and one 5-bedroom villa, each offering a private pool and panoramic views of the Malilangwe dam. The main lodge area features two swimming pools, a Jacuzzi, a spa and a gym. Babysitting services are available as well as tailor-made activities to suit each family.
Optional, Included Activities
- Game Drives: Daily game drives with professional guides provide the perfect opportunity to get up close to Africa’s incredible animals, while spot lit nighttime drives reveal the elusive magic of nocturnal Africa.During your stay you are likely to spot white and black rhino, Lichtenstein hartebeest, sable, nyala, klipspringer, cheetah, wild dog, lion, leopard, and an abundance of bird life.
- Fishing: Fishing at the dam below the lodge is the ideal way to experience this wonder firsthand. Drop in a lure and see what bounty the day will bring, while your guide and tracker show you how the locals catch fish using plants found in the area. Singita Pamushana boasts excellent game fishing throughout the year including Tiger Fish, Bass, Bream (tilapia), and Catfish.
- Guided Safari Walks: Your expert guide and tracker will accompany you as you track animals on foot through the wilderness and explore the magnificent plants and landscapes around you.
- Community Visit: Community tours provide guests at Singita with the opportunity to gain insight into community life and the local Shangaan culture. You will be able to witness firsthand the positive impact of the thriving development programmes in place and meet the fascinating people who live in these communities. Community visits are at an additional cost.
- Rock Art Site Visit: The San Bushmen are one of the earth’s oldest continuous cultures on earth, the original hunter-gatherers, their way of life is a mirror into our past. Take an educational tour to view San Bushmen rock art dating back tens of thousands of years and learn about their remarkable way of life.
- Sundowner Cruise: The African sunset is an occasion worth celebrating and the dam below the lodge is the perfect spot to enjoy a gorgeous sunset cruise while sipping refreshing sundowners and to watch the wildlife as it comes down to sip from the dam.
- Gym: A fully equipped gym is available for guests’ convenience.
- All meals and beverages (including premium wines, spirits and liqueurs, but excluding French Champagne)
- Twice daily open Land Cruiser safaris, walking safaris, boat cruises, fishing, excursions to ancient rock art sites (accompanied by experienced guides), tennis
- Return road transfers between Buffalo Range International Airport and the lodge
- Laundry service
- Telephone calls
- Tourism levy
Day 4-7: The Elephant Camp, Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe
Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe
Resting on the southern banks of the Zambezi river at the western end of the eponymous falls, this popular tourist town is compact enough to walk around and makes an ideal base for travelers exploring the seventh wonder of the world, the unfathomably vast Victoria Falls. About two thirds of the falls can be viewed from the Zimbabwean side and, while the falls are undoubtedly the star attraction, the area provides both adventure seekers and sightseers with plenty of opportunities to warrant a longer stay. Popular activities include scenic flights over the falls in helicopters or micro lights, bungee jumping off the Victoria Falls Bridge, white-water rafting (seasonal), and day trips to Chobe National Park. The town itself offers some excellent accommodation and restaurant options as well as an eclectic variety of African curios and authentic art sold by friendly Zimbabwean locals who are wonderfully welcoming and eager to help you enjoy your stay.
Overnight: The Elephant Camp
Situated on a private concession within and bounded by the Masuwe River and the Zambezi gorges, The Elephant Camp and The Elephant Camp West offer breathtaking views of the Victoria Falls’ spray and the spectacular gorges which separate Zimbabwe and Zambia. This intimate lodge is within easy reach of Victoria Falls and is secluded in its own private game reserve. Guests are accommodated in exclusive luxury tented suites. The independent Elephant Camp West facility offers secluded suites each boasting a private viewing deck over the gorge and a private plunge pool. Other facilities include a comfortable lounge, bar and dining area and a range of spa treatments available in the comfort of your own room.
Included, Optional Activities
- Walking Safaris – Nature & Birding Walks: Explore our beautiful concession, part of the Victoria Falls National Park, with experienced guides who will bring the landscape to life. *This activity is included but must be scheduled with management on arrival
- Lunch at The Lookout Cafe: The Lookout Café is perched 120m above the turbulent rapids of the Zambezi River, overhanging the giant chasm of the Batoka Gorge, just down-river of the iconic Victoria Falls Bridge. Delicious meals, exciting cocktails & ice cold refreshments make The Lookout Café an ideal spot to enjoy these spectacular views in combination with a Tour Of The Falls or a High Wire activity.
- Interaction with Sylvester, Ambassador Cheetah: Interaction with Sylvester, Ambassador Cheetah (At management’s discretion). Five years ago, the Wild Horizons family was extended by the arrival of a very special member. Having tragically lost his mother and four siblings after a fatal attack of a male lion, Sylvester is unfortunately unable to hunt or provide for himself.
- A Village Tour: Guests will be transferred to a rural village where they will see local villagers going about their daily tasks and interact with them. The tour enables them to see rural Zimbabwean life ﬁrst hand. *This activity is included but must be scheduled
- Visiting the Victoria Falls Wildlife Trust: Guests visit the Victoria Falls Wildlife Trust (VFTW),a non-proﬁt whose mission is to advance environmental conservation through hands-on wildlife research, the management of a veterinary laboratory and rehabilitation facility and the education of local peoples in the sustainable usage of natural resources. *This activity is included but must be scheduled with management on arrival
- Meeting the Wild Horizons Elephants.
- Interaction with Sylvester, Ambassador Cheetah (At management’s discretion).
- Birding & Nature Walks on the concession.
- Sundowners at the Batoka Gorge Guests
- A Village Tour
- Lunch at the Lookout Café (Including drinks)
- Visiting the Victoria Falls Wildlife Trust